Sunday 17th november
Please note this is a matinée performance.
Reserve Your Tickets
The Musical of Musicals: The musical!
The Musical of Musicals: The Musical! is a musical about musicals! In this hilarious satire of musical theatre, one story becomes five delightful musicals, each written in the distinctive style of a different master of the form, from Rodgers and Hammerstein to Stephen Sondheim.
June is an ingenue who can’t pay the rent and is threatened by her evil landlord. Will the handsome leading man come to the rescue?
The variations are: a Rodgers & Hammerstein version, set in Kansas in August, complete with a dream ballet; a Sondheim version, featuring the landlord as a tortured artistic genius who slashes the throats of his tenants in revenge for not appreciating his work; a Jerry Herman version, as a splashy star vehicle; an Andrew Lloyd Webber version, a rock musical with themes borrowed from Puccini; and a Kander & Ebb version, set in a speakeasy in Chicago.
- The Musical of Musicals: The Musical will be performed at The New York Theatrette, The Actor’s Pulse, 103 Regent St, Redfern.
- Box Office opens at 2:30pm, the performance will begin at 3pm sharp.
- Due to the nature of the space, late arrivers will not be allowed to enter the theatre.
- Unfortunately patrons are required to enter the theatre via a narrow staircase, there is no easy access alternative available to us.
- The estimated run time is 90 minutes.
- There is no intermission.
June: Brooklyn Newey
Billy: Luke Murphy
Jitter: Andrew Jackson
Abby: Emma Young
Director: Jo Elizabeth Finnis
Producer: Daniel Hill
Musical Director: Dominic Serov
Vocal Director: Renae Goodman
Assistant Producer: Christian Whale
Choreography Consultant: Stephanie Goodman
Graphic Design: Second Star Creations